When choosing how to market your business, it’s crucial to tailor your efforts to the forms of social media your current and prospective clients use. Here’s a quick rundown the demographics of three platforms.
If you’re looking for recent graduates or seasoned professionals, consider targeting clients on the LinkedIn platform.
- 500-million-plus users, with 250 million of those monthly active users.
- About 40 million students and recent graduates are on LinkedIn.
- 87 million Millennials are on LinkedIn.
- 61% of users are ages 31 to 64.
- 75% of the site’s members are college educated professionals who report an income above $50,000.
Facebook has the widest reach, so if your client base spans a wide demographic, using the platform is a must.
- More than 2 billion users worldwide, with more than 1.5 billion active monthly mobile users.
- Largest group of Facebook users is in the 25- to 34-year-old age range, with 35- to 44-year-olds coming in second.
- 79% of Internet users in the U.S. regularly log onto the site.
The Facebook-owned company relies on visual aesthetics and hashtags to gain followers.
- The average age demographic of Instagram is 18 to 34.
- 80% of users follow businesses on Instagram.
- 500 million-plus Instagram accounts are active every day.
- Instagram users spend more time on the site than on any other social media channel.